Saturday, July 21, 2007

The REAL Me


This layout is more about the story rather than the picture....The journaling reads: This is the real me. The me who goes to work, runs errands, attends church and hangs out around the house. This is not the me I take to meet new people or to see long lost friends. No, for those occasions, I pull out the hair straightner, put on make-up and jewelry, and perfume and don my best attire. I tell myself it's because I feel more confident and put together when I spend time getting ready, and that's partly true. But deep down, I know that I'm trying to make a good impression. Funny thing is, most people are comfortable with the pony-tail me. She's the one Gary fell in love with. She's the one my closest friends know bet. So why have I never liked her? Who knows the reason. Maybe it's because she's unpredictable and still learning who she is. Maybe she's a little too real. But things are changing. I'm learning to accept that she's not perfect, and I'm beginning to see her otential. Truth is, I think she's growing on me!.....I used a journaling boost from simple scrapbooks magazine...the hearts and flowers came from my secret sis...who ever she is....I painted one heart and highlighted some of the journaling...the part where "She's the one Gary fell in love with"....and I covered the other heart with pattern paper...The flowers across the top also came form my secret sis.....I don't take photos of myself often...this particular one is over 2 years old...that is my dear son in the photo with me...but there ya have it folks...THE REAL ME!

No comments: