Wednesday, July 25, 2007

a piece of something BIGGER


As I have began to age, I have gained some clarity on things in life. I look at things differently now, compared to how I seen them at earlier stages in my life. I am quickly approaching the big 30. I heard something a few years back that has really stuck with me. It came during a period at New Hope Missionary Baptist Church when we were without pastoral leadership. We had a visiting preacher come and give a sermon. In the message he made an analogy about how the life on an individual is like a piece of a puzzle and how God was the puzzlemaster. He pointed out that a person may not be able to see teh whole picture until its complete and that you (or I) may be the piece that God is placing into its spot or you may be the piece laid over to the side upside down until God is ready to use you. Just because you are resting, that doesn't mean you are not important. One piece affects another and so on. Without you, the picture would be incomplete.

No comments: