Thursday, August 27, 2009

Homeshooling

Some days are better spent doing nothing, and that's exactly what I found myself doing today. It's my Friday at work, and I'm glad. The only thing I did accomplish was to add to the endless bank of creative ideas floating around in my head by visiting other CTMH blogs. It's amazing to see how many different ways that one product can be used. It's like homeschooling; no two families do it the same way, but somehow the end product is beautiful. That doesn't mean that sometimes the process doesn't get messy. I am excited about school starting back again. This will be the first time for the kids to start the school year at homeschool. I am wanting to continue with some of our traditions, like our back to school picture and such. We have decided that we will begin on Tuesday after Labor Day! That means we only have a few more days to go. I will be placing the order for the additional needed curriculum today. I can hear the $'s going cha-ching as I type. It's money well spent and an investment with far better returns than one will ever know! I have some really great ideas about ways to make the lessons more interactive. One example I have is to use a scrabble game for spelling time. Honestly, who likes to write their spelling words 3x each and in a sentence and alphabetize them every week, over and over. If they can have fun and learn them, then why not? Not everything can be fun, but things that can, should be!

No comments: