Sunday, August 16, 2009

God's Orchestra


When I was a young child, I played the clarinet. For the greatest portion of that time, I was first chair. But no matter how good I might have been, I could not have effectively played it if the instrument was not working properly. In psalms, we are told to make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Imagine you are an instrument...who's playing you? Is it God or someone else? How much sweeter a sound you would make if you are played by the master. Grow weary out of use. Don't waste away from apathy. Play in harmony. Are you in working order? Life has a way of bumping us around knock us out of tune, but that doesn't mean that we can never be in one accord. Sometimes we need an adjustment. We can be repaired through forgiveness. Are you producing a joyful noise unto the Lord or is God having to assign your task to someone else because you refuse to be an instrument for Him?

No comments: