Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Stroke of Creative Genius


I may not be a typical mom, all soft, cuddly, and nurturing; but I do have some good qualities. I pride myself in my creativity and my smarts. One thing you kids have benefitted from is definitely my craftiness. This photo of y’all taken at Halloween as a movie combo was a stroke of genius! One afternoon just prior to the holiday, you all wanted to go trick or treating in town, but you didn’t have costumes. Well, you know me…a store bought costume was out of the question. So, in a span of about 45 minutes, I got busy getting creative and these costumes were a result of my efforts. Dakota’s was made with a box, some white freezer paper, red paint, hand cut letters and real popcorn on top. Macy’s costume was made with a brown pillowcase, some silver ribbon, and letters cut from copy paper and then taped to the front. Mason’s was a cup of Coca-Cola. I used a five gallon bucket with the bottom cut out, a printed Coca-Cola picture, and a pair of suspenders (to hold the bucket onto his body). I used a pieces of PVC pipe with a red marker stripe for a straw. Not bad for a last minute costume idea. It was a big hit with everyone who saw it!

No comments: