Wednesday, January 9, 2008

One Word

I was on Tallyscrapper looking at all the art journals and this months prompt for the journal entry is one word. What one word are you? What one word do you aspire to be? Give us you in one word. Someones one word was confidence, and anothers was willpower. Someone else's was free and yet another person's is strength. This got me to thinking...what would my one word be. After careful consideration, I decided my one word would be JESUS. I want to be like Jesus. I want Jesus to be what others see in me. But more than that, I want Jesus to be the center or my life. I want Jesus to be the controlling force in my life. I want to let go of the little things and hand them over to Jesus. I trust Jesus with the big things, now I need to let Jesus have the little things. The little things are what chip away at my heart and soul a piece at a time. How come I haven't already surrendered those things to Jesus. How come I feel like Jesus has so much to do that He wouldn't have time for my little things. Jesus has to be Lord of all or He can't be Lord at all. The fact is, Jesus is Lord of all, wether or not we know or believe it. Beliving it or not doesn't change the facts.

No comments: