Sunday, March 18, 2007

midnight musings

Well, I was at Wal-mart earlier this evening and it dawned on me that I hadn't gotten the church bulletin done. I volunteered to help out while aunt Vida is out recovering from her knee surgery. I managed to get it done and all the copies made.

After church we have a special called business meeting, and I am not looking forward to dealing with the business at hand. Anytime you have people discussing money its usually long and not always pretty. I trust that all will go according to God's plan.

Its so quiet around here tonight, the kids are all over at papa's house. This is 2 nights in a row. While I am enjoying the peace and quiet, it is somewhat disturbing. You may not be able to see just yet, but you will learn that I am a busy person. Always have 5 or 6 irons in the fire. Three of those are usually the kids. I miss not being able to say, "that's enough."

I really need to get busy getting my completed layouts scanned and put in albums and make room to keep making new pages. One of these days I am going to have to open a library just to house all my albums. When I am old and grey, I can sit in my rocker and look back over the pages of my books long after the kids have flown the coop, and reminisce about days gone by. I can just picture my self sitting there in a rocker, feet up, (Gary close by and most likey studying or watching tv) and suddenly bursting out with laughter over a memory of something silly the kids had done, and then turning the page and tears roll down my cheeks as another memory flashes by of days gone by that can't be changed. My greatest fear is to loose my memory. If that ever happens, maybe those pages will help me cope.

No comments: