Thursday, July 17, 2014

Standing OUT


When I was a girl in school, I wanted so badly to be popular. Back then, that meant being cool and being a part of the “in” crowd. The popular kids seemed to have everything I didn’t. Everybody liked them, they had plenty of money, and they never seemed to have any trouble getting whatever they wanted. Well, the truth is, I wasn’t willing to be popular. I didn’t want to be like everyone else; I just wanted to be liked! I am still the same nerdy soul in this adult body wanting the attention and adoration of others. I’ve learned through the years how shallow that popularity is. I’ve gone on to accept the skin I’m in, along with the imperfections. Instead of hating the system, I’ve learned how to make it work for me. Am I popular today…honestly I doubt it? What I do know is that if you will be sincere and original, they can’t forget you and in some social circles, that’s not the popular way to be. So, I find myself surrounded by people who will lift you up when you’ve fallen, people who will be honest no matter how hard the truth is, and people that spread joy, peace, and happiness wherever they go, those are the people that I want to invest my time with! I’m drawn to those people, because that’s the kind of person I hope that I am!

No comments: