Saturday, July 11, 2009

serenity

Last night, we drove back to Chasm Falls. The first time we visited, we didn't go all the way to the top of the waterfall; so last night, we went back, when there were less people and I go to some awesome shots. We saw similar images in town for sale by a local photographer for as much as $85 for a 5x7 print. I doubt I will sell mine, but I wanted it for my own collection.
Today, we drove to Wild Basin to look at Copeland Falls. It was an easy trail to climb, so Pop was able to come with us. He usually sits out because of his knees, but when we can find one, we look for trails that he can particpate in. We picnicked in the area and as we began to leave we got pulled over by a park ranger. He stopped us because Gary wasn't wearing his seatbelt, but he let us go with only a warning. We are very thankful.

Back at our campsite, the chipmunks and squirrels have been working overtime. I accidentally left a chocolate bar on the table part of my chair and when I looked for it again, it was gone. My first thought of course was my own 2 legged animals, but alas, they were innocent. It really was a squirrely critter. One thing that I noticed for the first time this year is how beautiful the flowers are around here. I have been photographing some of them and I have impressed myself. Here is a few of the ones I thought were pretty.
This evening, we are planning on returning to Bear Lake to watch the sunset. If I can get some good shots, I will share those.

No comments: