Monday, July 6, 2009

God's promise

We left Cody, Wyoming yesterday after a worship time complete with music at our hotel and went into Yellowstone National Park. We arrived at the East park entrance around noon and left the South entrance and went right into the Grand Tetons. As usual, I took many, many photos. While in Yellowstone, we saw one of God's most unique creations. As neat as it was, it was equally disgusting. It was a mud volcano. It amazed me that of all the stories I have heard or read, nothing ever mentions how awful it smells. If you have ever smelled sulfur, then you understand.

We also saw some amazing waterfalls, one over 300 feet tall. I'll never comprehend how anyone can look at such beautiful scenery and not see the hand of God. If ever anyone had a doubt, that alone could seal the deal. As I looked out over the top of Upper Falls, I felt as if God smiled down at me as he graced me with the presence of a rainbow.
We made our way slowly through the park, and it seemed to catch up to us in the end. We stopped to view Old Faithful and we didn't have time to wait for the next eruption. Our plan was to be in Laramie, Wy by last night, but the best laid plans of mice and men often come to no good end. We covered about 250 miles in the dark through territory that would we the appetite of any game hunter. We made it in to Rawlins, Wy at 2:30 am Tx time. We decided it would be best to stop for the night and not tempt fate. God blessed us with watchful eyes as we saw one deer or antelope after another.

We are going to check in to Rocky Mountain National Park sometime today. Our reservation lasts until July 13th. Unless we make a trip into town, I won't be able to update you on our vacation. In the event that I am not able to stay in touch, please continue to pray for our safety.

No comments: